Saturday, December 3, 2011

Updates and 2012 plans

Been a long time since I've posted. A large part of that is that I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to brewing between starting a new job, and having a month long business trip (another post on that to come soon).

As my schedule has started to become a little more steady I finally had a chance to brew my Belgian Strong recipe.  This one should turn out very similar to my Belgian Blonde/ Abbey Apricot beer (which taste great if not fully carbonated yet) but should be higher in alcohol.  The beer was brewed exactly to the recipe and brew day went very smoothly.

All I can do now is wait a month for it to finish up fermentation before I move onto a few other planned brews including my Licorice Imperial Stout that I am really looking forward to and a Wit that my girlfriend continues to request.

As for 2012 I've laid out an ambitious brewing schedule which includes:

  • Brewing a sour
  • Making a wine or mead and a cider
  • Brewing at least 60 gallons of beer
  • Brewing at least one of my very experimental beer ideas (smoked fruit beer, caraway spiced rye beer, herb beer, etc...)
  • Brewing an all grain batch 

No comments:

Post a Comment